Nursing Management for Dengue Fever

Dengue Fever / Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever

This disease was first recorded in the year 1779-1780 is endemic in Asia, Africa and North America and occurs almost simultaneously with the level of morbidity and mortality are high. This illustrates that the spread of this disease is very extensive since more than 200 years ago and is a disease that is quite dangerous. When even this disease is still a serious problem in the health sector generally in tropical and subtropical areas with economic and health levels are low.

Definition

Dengue fever (DF) is a disease caused by the dengue virus, family Flaviviridae, the genus is a flavivirus. The disease is not transmitted directly from human to human, but through the intercession through mosquito bites. The species of mosquito that is the vector of the disease is the main intermediary Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus females.

DF is the mildest form of the following form is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) and Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS).


Symptom

Clinical manifestations of dengue virus infection in humans varies widely. Variations are so wide spectrum, ranging from asymptomatic, mild non-specific fever, Dengue Fever, Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever, to the most severe that dengue shock syndrome (DSS).

Dengue fever has signs and symptoms in the form of heat which lasts between 4-7 days after the bite of a mosquito carrying the virus is accompanied by the following symptoms which include:
  • High heat up to more than 38 ยบ C, which lasts up to 5-7 days.
  • Headache and pain diretro-orbital (behind the eye).
  • Pain in muscles and joints.
  • Nausea and vomiting, no appetite.
  • The presence of digestive disorders (constipation or diarrhea).
  • Abdominal pain.
  • The presence of rash (signs of redness) of the skin.

While Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever has the following signs and symptoms:
Symptoms of the above plus:
  • The presence of spontaneous bleeding manifestations, such as red spots on the skin that do not disappear when pressed (especially in the area of ​​the elbow, wrist and feet), positive tourniquet test, nosebleeds, bleeding gums, bleeding difficult to stop if it is injected or injured.
  • Organ enlargement of the liver (liver) and spleen.
  • The presence of thrombocytopenia, the platelet count is less than 100.000/mm ³ (normally 150-450 thousand / mm ³).
  • Plasma leakage marked with hematocrit values (HCT) is increased or decreased by 20% or more of normal values, the presence of pleural effusion (fluid in the lungs) and ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity).

The most severe form of the viral infection is dengue shock syndrome (DSS) in which symptoms include:
Symptoms in DHF plus,
  • An impairment of consciousness.
  • Very low blood pressure.
  • Rapid and weak pulse.
  • Hands and feet pale and cold.

For ease in determining the diagnosis and prevent overdiagnosis, the WHO, divide into 4 degrees of clinical manifestations, namely:
  • DHF Grade I: The signs of viral infection, the manifestation of bleeding that seemed only to test positive torniquet.
  • DHF Grade II: Signs manifestations of viral infections with spontaneous bleeding (nosebleeds, red spots)
  • DHF Grade III: Also called pre-shock phase, with signs of DHF grade II but the patient began to experience signs of shock; decreased consciousness, cold hands and feet, rapid and weak pulse palpable, pulse pressure was measured.
  • DHF degree IV: Or the phase of shock (dengue shock syndrome also called / DSS), patients in shock with greatly decreased consciousness and coma, cold hands and feet and pale, the pulse is very weak to not palpable, pulse pressure can not be measured.


Nursing Management for Dengue Fever

In principle, because this is a disease due to a virus infection then there is no specific medicine to address them . Care provided only a symptomatic treatment is only a general state of repair of sufferers and to guard against dehydration ( lack of fluids ) . The treatment can be done at home if the patient is still able to eat and drink alone and no nausea or vomiting is severe ( DHF Grade I - II ) . Treatment can be done by providing a warm compress , heat the medicine go down , a pain reliever and Antiemetic if necessary .

If the condition of the patient does not improve or if there are signs of shock ( DHF Grade III - IV ) immediately brought to the nearest health facility .

DHF will generally experience healing after 7-8 days , if there is no secondary infection and the body's basic defense is a good sufferer . Signs of healing among others, include fever down slowly , and drink appetite improved , fatigue is reduced and the body feels fresh again .
5 Comment for "Nursing Management for Dengue Fever"

Moanday. Tongueday. Wetday. Thirstday. Freakday. Sexday. Suckday. Hey, i am looking for an online sexual partner ;) Click on my boobs if you are interested (. )( .)

*Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr odion.. I have read about Dr odion the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure Herpeewith his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases Hiv, Herpes, Cancer, Als,Herpatitis, Diabetes, Hpv,Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of Herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which i took for two weeks and today when i went for test i was tested Herpes negative and he can also cure herpes etc you can reach him through his WhatsApp number:+2349019421176 he will help you out or email drodionherbalhome12@gmial.com*

So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man herbalist Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after  three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was  negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from  HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come'  out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whats App him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MALARIA , BACTERIA DIARRHEA, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA, KIDNEY DISEASE,, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, OSTEOPOROSIS, RABIES RHEUMATISM, THYROID, GALLSTONE, TETANUS, COLD & FLU, DENGUE, HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE, PROSTATE, CIRRHOSIS, DENGUE FEVER, SCABIES, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, SMALLPOX,  PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION. etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com         whatsapp number.  +2349010754824 website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com  

Hello, I want to write a little review about the good work of doctor ehiaguna, who cured me from HSV 1&2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be cured again and have a good life like others, I always regretted the day I got diagnose with this virus, I become lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it, Well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I went online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found dr ehiaguna email drehiaguna@gmail.com on a Facebook of someone who was cured by him,of the same herpes, so I quickly contacted him for help and explained all my pains to him, he told me not to worry about it there is a cure for real, I never believe until he sent me the herbs when I ordered for it and I got it within 5 working days that is how I took the medicine for 2 weeks and the following week I went for a test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life, I am so happy right now, and forever greatful, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through his whatsapp +2348073908953 you can also visit his website. https://effectiveherbalcurehome.blogspot.com/ or email address:: drehiaguna@gmail.com God bless you 

Most importantly, nurses can learn as many skills in theory, but all of that would be a waste, if they don't implement the skills in their clinical practice. online cna certification California

Nanda Care Plan. Powered by Blogger.
Back To Top