Self-Care Deficit - Nursing Care Plan

Self-Care Deficit - Nursing Care Plan
Self-care deficit is the impaired ability to perform self -care activities (bathing, dressing, eating, toileting)


Signs and Symptoms

Bathing / hygiene
Clients experience the inability to clean the body, acquire or obtain sources of water, set the temperature or the flow of the water bath, get toiletries, dehydrate the body, as well as entry and exit the bathroom.

Dressing / makeup
Client has a weakness in laying or taking pieces of clothing, undress, and to obtain or change clothes. Clients also have the inability wearing underwear, using pull studs, remove clothing, wearing socks.

Eating
Clients have the inability to swallow food, preparing food, chew, handle tools, take the cup or glass, food premises reasonably safe.

Urination / defecation ( toileting )
Clients have limited or inability to obtain toilet or bathroom, sitting or rising from the toilet, manipulating clothing for toileting, clean themselves after defecating / urinating properly.

Limitations on self-care is usually caused because the stressor is quite heavy and difficult to be handled by the client.



Nursing Diagnosis :
  1. Self Care Deficit
  2. Low Self-Esteem
  3. Risk for Social Isolation


Subjective :
  • Clients say lazy dress.
  • The client said he wanted to be fed a meal.
  • Clients say rarely clean up after defecating / urinating.

Objective :
  • Inability bath / cleanse themselves marked with dirty hair, dirty teeth, a lot of dirt and smelling skin, long and dirty nails.
  • Inability dressed / decorated characterized by unkempt hair, dirty clothes and unkempt, clothes do not fit, do not shave.
  • The inability to eat independently characterized by its own inability to take food, food splattered.
  • Inability to urinate / defecate independently characterized by urination / defecation are not in place, do not clean themselves properly after urination / defecation.
Goal :
  • Clients are able to perform self-care activities such as bathing independently or membersihka self, dressed / decorated, eating and defecating / urinating.

Nursing Interventions :
  • Assessing the ability to perform self-care includes bathing / cleaning up, dressing / make up, eating , and bowel / bladder independently.
  • Provides a way to do a shower / clean up, get dressed / decorated, eating and bowel / bladder on a regular basis.
  • Families are able to care for family members who started less self-care issues.
  • Families can continue to train and support clients in the client's ability to self-care increases.
  • Discuss with family about personal hygiene facilities needed by the client in order to maintain personal hygiene.
  • Encourage the family to be involved in caring for and monitoring the client in treating clients (according to the schedule agreed upon).
  • Encourage the family to give praise, the success of clients in taking care of themselves.
3 Comment for "Self-Care Deficit - Nursing Care Plan"

My symptoms started at the age of 47. My fingers on my left hand were stiff and were difficult to move. People noticed that my walk was not normal. I was often asked did I hurt. I noticed nothing different about my walk. It was difficult getting up from` a chair and getting out of a car. I was diagnosed a year later ,it was the onset of tremors starting in my right hand that caused my other symptoms to be recognized as Parkinson's.. I am now 59. With the new herbal medicine i purchase from totalcureherbsfoundation .c om  was my only way to get rid of my PD,the herbal formula effectively reverse my condition and alleviate all symptoms. 

I am not sure of the cause of COPD emphysema in my case. I smoked pack a day for 12 or 13 years, but quit 40 years ago. I have been an outdoor person all my adult life. Coughing started last summer producing thick mucus, greenish tint to clear. I tried prednisone and antibiotics, but no change. X-rays are negative, heart lungs and blood and serum chemistries all are normal. I have lung calcification from childhood bout with histoplasmosis. I am 75 years old and retired.My current doctor directed me to totalcureherbsfoundation .c om which I purchase the COPD herbal remedies from them ,they are located in Johannesburg, the herbal treatment has effectively reduce all my symptoms totally, am waiting to complete the 15 weeks usage because they guaranteed me total cure.

Be gentle with me. Be sweet ad kind, oh hell! Who am I kidding? Flip me over, ride my ass and pull my hair!. Hey, i am looking for an online sexual partner ;) Click on my boobs if you are interested (. )( .)

Nanda Care Plan. Powered by Blogger.
Back To Top